Monday, April 30, 2012

Gallery Wall

I am a bit frantic 
preparing my home 
to look it's best for 
an upcoming housewalk event.

Good side...It's like having a party
...things get done that have 
been on my list, 
and so that is what is going on 
in my house now.  

Also reminds me of my college days...
sitting up all night 
writing the paper that was
due the following morning 
when it was assigned weeks before.

Anyway...here is the wall I 
decided to tackle on my list...
This is a game table area
 in my living room.



So I took my 4 year old to IKEA, 
 played house in ALL 
the room settings, 
then 2 hours later(for real), 
I got to play with the frames. 

 I like to lay things out on the 
floor to plan my layout.

I actually had no idea 
what I was going to frame, 
but thought I would 
rummage through the house.

Besides, if I was going to 
buy the frames, I was not going 
to spend any more money.
Then I started to dig 
through things and... 

I came up with this pile...

a watercolor form a local artist,
old wallpaper,
scrap book paper, and 
a sketch/painting by a local artist
 I was looking to bring in some 
blue since I have 
so many autumn colors.

The watercolor leaves painting
was the item to connect the 
dots with my colors
since it has the blue I wanted 
and the room's colors.

I started building my gallery wall 
and assessing as I went along.

I started with this 
sweet wallpaper print.
It came from a book 
of discontinued papers.
 ...taped it to the matting and framed it
 Then came this sketch that 
reminds me of coral.
 Put the first two framed items
 next to each other
to assess and was 
happy so I kept going.
 Then my watercolor that I knew 
would look better with a mat so was 
eager to see it done.
 ...loved it so much more framed
 Then I layered two pieces 
of scrapbook paper.
One felt too plain.

 Lastly, I had this piece 
of discontinued wallpaper...
 but had to play with what part 
of the pattern I liked best.






Then it was time for 
the moment of truth...

hammer and nails....





and here is what I ended up with....






No comments: