Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Bench Redo

Here is an upholstered bench that needed 
some love....
 I unscrewed the cushion and cut up a chenille polka dotted blanket (It some tears and stains and could not be used on a bed, but was still super cute!)   I laid it out and cut the fabric around enough that I could staple it on the underside of the cushion. 
 Here is the bench without the cushion...
 This shows the underside where I stapled around the edges....
           Step one complete!
                  Test run...
Now to add a few of coats of paint in an eggshell finish....


 Then I added some trim from the blanket in the front of bench....
                                            with my staple gun....
 I did not worry about the edges looking pretty since I knew it would be covered.
                                     (This is to show you the edge of the 
                 blanket where I stole the trim....)
 I distressed the edges with my razor blade and reattached the cushion.
 I put this bench for sale in my space at Jackson Square Mall in LaGrange.
This bench really was transformed and it was fun to see the change happen!!!!   It could be embellished with throw pillows to add color and pattern and tie into someone's decor.  I love the texture of the chenille with the cane material, so it looks great on it's own too. 

No comments: