Saturday, July 28, 2012

Attic Progress



New stairs...what an improvement!   
They were so shallow and steep before.

 You can see from this photo the 
change in the length.   
The stairs used to end where 
the old railing is now.

 When you come up the stairs you 
get to this landing area.

I am going to use this an an office 
and sitting area
right off the master bedroom.



This side area shown below will be 
where I put a desk. 
It also serves as a hallway. 
 This is the view looking
into the master bedroom.
I made the room big enough for 
2 dressers, 2 nightstands 
and a king size bed.
I wanted the sitting area to be sectioned 
off rather than incorporating 
it into the master
bedroom. 

This opening for double french doors.
I want the sitting area to be 
as open as possible to
the master bedroom. 

The bed will go under the windows.

 I will add a light fixture over the 
bed in the 
vaulted ceiling area.

 The bathroom is across the hall.
We had to order a special toilet
that is installed out the back 
and not down because we are dealing 
with an old house.
They had to create a cavity for the plumbing...
going to add shelves for storage on the ledge.
 This is a niche for towel storage.
I also have more room for storage at 
the end of the tub.
I am tempted to use this as a little seat
for tub supervision
with my preschooler.


 Planning to add a 48" wide vanity here 
with side lights.
Just picked up a cool mirror from 
a garage sale
for the bathroom. 



This is my daughter's future room.   
Made the window seat deep enough to 
accomodate twin mattress.

 This is a walk in closet for her room.
 This corner where the ladder is 
will fit a full size bed perfectly!
Installed an electric box so I can hang 
a mini vintage pendent next to her bed.  


 This is looking out of her room out into
the hallway area.
 This is the hallway/office area.  
This will remain a half wall
to keep it open.



 We had a furnace installed, plumbing all done, 
electric roughed in.
Next is foam insulation and drywall.
Then my husband will be painting 
to save a bit of money.

Busy looking for the flooring and 
finalizing all my lighting.

Will post more as we go though the process...
feel very lucky and excited 
to be doing this project!

2 comments:

kickmoko said...

Okay, This is a good project. I hope you will finished this Attic with a stunning outcome.. Good Luck.

http://www.adileakdetection.co.uk/

Anonymous said...

The quality of your articles and contents is great.
ork furniture store