Monday, May 28, 2012

Bathroom Tour

A little tour of a little room....
I have featured my 
chalkboard wall on my blog 
before and a little bit 
about this space, 
but thought I'd give
 you more of a tour....

The lighting is a little off...
but I painted the walls 
a medium toned green...mistake paint...
my favorite kind of paint
$8 a gallon
from a thrift store.

I have a plain shower curtain to use 
because this bathroom has 
already been 
7 colors in 5 years...



The window treatment
is a vintage tablecloth
folded and hanging over a
drapery rod. 

The greens are clippings from a 
tree in my yard...
great way to 
feel like you have fresh flowers
but at no cost!



A vintage painting and 
thrift store frame
add the view this 
bathroom is missing....
hung on the chalkboard wall.

You can also see the 
original wall tile
and towel holders.
They were sprayed and recoated 
in white by the
previous owners. 

 Love yellow and green together 
so the window treatment and the 
towels bring in the yellow
 to go with the green 
on the wall.




A vintage wall lamp...
there is an overhead light, 
but I love soft 
lighting options in every room.




Carrera marble for the vanity top 
ties in the marble floors I 
added 5 years ago.

The mirror is decoupaged 
in newspaper. 




The soap dispenser is an old Avon 
lotion dispenser.
The black box stores toothbrushes.

The vintage table has 
the perfect opening for 
towel storage
and a drawer for 
other essentials...

It a tight bathroom so I 
have to use all space in a 
functioning and decorative way...
always my goal in any space.




 My daughter's step stool adds
a little touch of green 
and tucks away 
perfectly under the window.

I changed the knobs on the 
vanity to colored glass
to disguise the Home depot
look it had before.


The wall color shows up a 
little better in this photo.
 A sisal rug is a nice 
earthy touch for the room...
wanted something less 
predictable for the rug. 
Overall...I wanted to make this space feel original... yet updated.
  
tried to accomplish this by
adding vintage furniture and accessories
 to marry with the look 
of the original tile,
adding small tile which is 
the size it would have been originally,
and blending old with new all
the way through.


  

No comments: