Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Before and After Master Bedroom...mini tour

Here is a photo taken off of the sales brochure when I purchased my home 4 years ago.  
 Here are some after photos...

It's a small room, so I wanted to draw your eye up.   I did this by using a high wrought iron headboard.  At the foot of the bed, I added a vintage chenille coverlet and a long pillow from my favorite store... Anthropologie.
I painted the walls lenox tan by 
Benjamin Moore and added some checked drapes found at a thrift store for $3 a panel. 
(I left the tags on so my friends 
would believe me!)
 I added this desk that was picked up at the curb and painted it cream.   I needed a vanity and it doubles as my night stand.  I added 2 contemporary vases with dried sprigs to add texture.  
 I hung a vintage mirror with prints torn out of an old book and placed in the frameless glass clip frames.  I wanted to do something that looked more random.
 I recovered this stool in this fun floral fabric...loved it next to the checked drapes.

Below is a closeup of a painting...another $3.50 thrift store find.   It is a little bit ugly, but once in the right setting...it looked artsy and fresh.
This is the other side of the room... opposite of the bed... where I added a vintage mirror on a new dresser.  
The twigs and grasscloth runner 
add more texture.


 My goal was to keep things cozy and inviting...
what do you think?

No comments: