Sunday, October 27, 2013

Fall Decorating Touches


When it comes to decorating for any season or holiday, 
I prefer to add simple touches to my home.

I don't like for things to feel thematic or "literal"
if that is the right way to phrase it.

I added this vintage burlap lamp shade 
with fall color tones in the embroidery.  
Good year round, but when I started to 
added more fall colors, 
the embroidery stood out even more.



 By adding a toss pillows with deep 
jewel tones and a hint of orange,
 it feels more autumn decor.
 I placed a some corn and a few Halloween 
items in the mix....
love the skeleton...fun school art project.
The best part is after the fall holidays,
it takes minimal effort to change things up
to get ready for the next holiday.

Keep it simple...less is more.

No comments: