Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dresser turned TV Stand/Bookshelf



Found this cute dresser and had my boys help carry in each drawer down to my work area.   Then they proceeded 
to wrestle and 
flattened a drawer.  

It is these situations that force my creative side to come out.
  
Needless to say, I was not happy, but sat there staring to figure out what to do next 
...and here is my solution.

I decided to move all the drawers down to the lower slots and keep the 
top area open as a shelf.




 I used the bottom of the flattened drawer as the base/floor for the shelf and secured it 
with finishing nails. 
It covered the uneven surface 
as you can see below. 






 Then I added a fresh coat of paint and distressed edges.

 This niche is perfect for books, baskets, or for storage or tv electronics.   


No comments: